Jump to content


CTP - 3rd party insurance

Compulsory third party (CTP) insurance

All vehicles except trailers and caravans must have CTP insurance (also know as a green slip). CTP insurance covers death and personal injury when you or the person driving your vehicle is at fault in an accident. In some circumstances, CTP insurance covers you regardless of who was at fault. Vehicles registered in NSW must use a NSW CTP insurer.

Use the green slip calculator to compare CTP insurance quotes.

When you buy CTP insurance, most insurers send Service NSW confirmation electronically so you don't need to provide any paperwork when you register your vehicle.

The length of your CTP insurance policy must match your registration term. For example, a 6 month registration requires a 6 month CTP insurance policy.

If you choose to renew your registration for 6 months, you must renew your CTP insurance and registration within 21 days of the registration expiry date.

CTP insurance policies have a use-by-date and must be used before they expire.


Click on a Button

  • Create New...