Jump to content
Mark Dewhurst Automotive Engineering

Mark Dewhurst

  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Mark Dewhurst

  • Birthday July 29

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    5 Koolera Road Wyee NSW 2259

Recent Profile Visitors

9,135 profile views

Mark Dewhurst's Achievements

Advanced Member

Advanced Member (3/3)



  1. Version 1.0.0


    VW Amarok 2011 to 2016 all Wiring diagrams 1046 pages 10.5MB
  2. Version 1.0.0


    Templates are provided to assist customers in producing a Floor Plan multiple templates available with access to all available Certification Applicants engaged in having Engineering certificates can download for free if you aren't already a Certification Applicant click below
    From $30.00
  3. Click Here to open Map View
  4. Version 1.0.0


    Guidelines to the correct installation and use of child restraints
  5. Version 1.4.1


    Guidelines for alternative wheels and tyres This Vehicle Standards Information (VSI) No. 9 is intended to provide vehicle owners, operators and licensed certifiers with guidelines for fitting alternative wheels and/or tyres to those supplied as original equipment by the vehicle’s manufacturer. This VSI No. 9 applies to light vehicles up to and including 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM).
  6. Green Slip NSW Green slip is the term used for compulsory third party insurance in NSW. Your green slip provides compensation for injured people when your vehicle is involved in an accident. Legislation provides for the amount of compensation and the injuries and losses for which it is payable. Your greenslip does not cover you for damage to your vehicle or other vehicles, or for damage to property. Your green slip does not cover you for theft of your vehicle. Green slips are compulsory. You cannot register your vehicle in NSW without first purchasing a green slip. The period of the greenslip must match the period of registration. Subject to requirements, registration may be renewed for passenger vehicles and motorbikes for 6 or 12 months. Green slip prices vary from insurer to insurer. Many factors affect your green slip price. Factors which affect green slip prices include the type of vehicle, location, current registration status, owner and driver age, driving history and claims history. What is a Green Slip? In NSW you must buy a green slip before you can register your vehicle. Green slip is the common name given to compulsory third party (CTP) insurance in NSW. If your vehicle is involved in an accident, the green slip protects you against personal injury claims from third parties. All greenslips are the same. The law provides for the level of compensation payable for certain injuries and losses. Two insurers offer At-Fault Driver Cover as a free added benefit on top of their greenslips. Greenslips are different from other types of motor vehicle insurance. A CTP green slip covers only injuries to people, not property. It does not include damage to your car or other cars, damage to any kind of property, or theft of your vehicle. Motorists can buy further insurance coverage on top of a green slip: fully comprehensive insurance, fire or theft only, or third party property only. A green slip covers you for exactly the same period as registration, whether it runs for 6 or 12 months. This means renewals for greenslips and registration are due at the same time. CTP Insurers Six green slip providers NSW are licensed to sell CTP insurance: AAMI, Allianz, GIO, NRMA Insurance, QBE and Youi. These six CTP insurers are owned by five financial services companies. CTP is regulated because it is a compulsory public requirement provided by private companies. State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) is the government body responsible for statutory oversight of green slip providers. Insurers set their own prices but must submit them to SIRA at least once a year. SIRA rejects prices if they are excessive, do not fund the insurer’s liability or fail to meet insurer guidelines. By law all green slips must offer exactly the same cover. Consider four main factors when choosing a CTP insurer: Price Ability to pay in person An existing relationship with a provider offering discounts on other insurance products held with them Allianz and NRMA offer a free extra benefit for at-fault drivers, on top of their green slips. CTP Insurance Vehicles registered in all states and territories of Australia must be covered by compulsory third party (CTP) insurance. Broadly, CTP insurance covers the cost of treatment and compensation for people injured in road accidents. CTP insurance schemes vary across Australia because they are legislated on a state basis. Insurance in some states is provided by private insurers and in others by government bodies. CTP insurance is highly regulated because it is compulsory. Private insurers are licensed to offer CTP only under strict guidelines in state and territory Acts and Regulations. In most states and territories, CTP is automatically included with the registration fee. NSW is the exception: you must purchase CTP separately before registration and it is commonly called a green slip. In NSW there are six providers of CTP insurance: AAMI, Allianz, GIO, NRMA Insurance, QBE and Youi. They are licensed by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA). NSW, ACT, Qld and SA offer a choice of CTP provider.
  7. Version 1.2.0


    Checklist and information on the requirements for converting a suitable vehicle into a Motorhome or Campervan.
  8. Authorised Safety Check Inspection Scheme Safety Check – light vehicle Safety Check $42 – motorcycle Safety Check $23 – trailer no brakes Safety Check $21 – trailer with brakes Safety Check $33 – partial inspection Defect Clearance $23 – full inspection Defect Clearance $44 – light vehicle Safety Check Gas Inspection $58 To find out the cost of all services click on this link AIS Fees
  9. Click here find an inspection station
  10. An eSafety (or pink slip) inspection report verifies your vehicle is safe and ready for the road. Most light vehicles more than 5 years old will require an eSafety check before they can be registered in NSW. Your registration renewal papers will state whether or not you need an inspection. When your vehicle passes the eSafety check, your mechanic will send the report to Transport for NSW electronically. If the vehicle fails, you'll be issued with a Repairs Needed report, and you have 14 days to have the work done. After 14 days, the report expires and you'll have to pay for a new eSafety check. Once all repairs are carried out, a follow-up check is required. If you return to the same eSafety check station that failed the vehicle initially, there'll be no charge. Trailers that weigh less than 251 kilograms and caravans with a tare weight of less than 411kg do not require an eSafety check.
  11. Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Scheme Safety Check, Identity Check – light vehicle $66 Safety Check, Identity Check – motorcycle $41 Safety Check, Identity Check – trailer no brakes $34 Safety Check, Identity Check – trailer with brakes $48 Written-off Vehicle – declared by customer $18 Written-off Vehicle – referred by registry $38 Design Check – without Compliance Certificate $31 Design Check – with Compliance Certificate $47 Adjustment of Records $31 Imported light vehicles – Low volume, Personal and Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme $154 Imported motorcycles – Low volume, Personal and Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme $80 Police Referral – country areas outside Vehicle Identification Inspection Unit areas $30 Defect Clearance – partial inspection # $23 Defect Clearance – full inspection (Safety Check) # $44 Defect Clearance – full inspection (Safety Check, Design Check) # $66 Gas Inspection $16 To find out the cost of all services click on this link AUVIS Fees
  12. In 2011 the Road Transport (Vehicle Registration) Amendment (Certification of Vehicles) Regulation 2011 abolished the Engineering Certification Scheme (ECS). The scheme was replaced with the Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS) to move a paper based system online and reduce the incidence of fraud and under insurance amongst certifiers. The regulation came into effect on 2 December 2011 and from that time, ECS certificates were no longer valid. To allow existing ECS certificates to continue to be recognised a transitional provision – Clause 76AP was included in the regulation. This was intended to be a temporary period of grace to give owners six months to get vehicles with an existing ECS certificate that were not yet registered. It was intended that the grace period would end on 19 June 2012. However Roads and Maritime Services was able to extend the period until September 2017 when the regulation was revised and the clause was removed. This legal change means Transport NSW was no longer accepting ECS certificates and some modified and individually constructed vehicles will now have to be re-certified by a licensed certifier under the VSCCS. This decision was latter changed to allow any vehicle that is registered with a old ECS engineering Certificate. Please check with a VSCCS Engineer or AUVIS examiner on current use of old ECS certificates. Do all modified vehicles require certification? Only vehicles with significant modifications require certification. A list of significant modifications is included in Vehicle Standards Information Sheet 06 What is the Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme? The VSCCS licenses certifiers to inspect modified and individually constructed vehicles and certify their compliance with the relevant vehicle safety standards. What is a VSCCS certificate? VSCCS certificates show that a modified or individually constructed vehicle has been assessed by a licensed certifier, complies with the applicable vehicles standards and is safe to operate on NSW roads. There is considerable road safety risk associated with modified and individually constructed vehicles that have not been inspected by a licensed certifier. Which vehicles will now need a VSCCS certificate? If a modified vehicle has an ECS certificate but has never been registered then the ECS certificate can no longer be used and a VSCCS certificate is now required. If a vehicle has been further significantly modified since certification under the ECS it will only require a VSCCS certificate for the additional modifications. A modified vehicle does not require a VSCCS certificate if it has already been registered and the ECS certificate is recorded in DRIVES. This includes:  Currently registered vehicles  Vehicles with lapsed or cancelled registration  Vehicles transferring between different types of registration. How can I tell if a modified vehicle’s ECS certificate is recorded on DRIVES? A modified vehicle will have one of the following vehicle conditions recorded on DRIVES and the registration paperwork:  V87 (modified vehicle)  V88 (vehicle modified for wheelchair)  G094 (use only in conjunction with an authorised club event or maintenance)  GO96 (modified as per report number). I have a modified vehicle which was previously registered using an ECS certificate, but the conditions are not recorded in DRIVES and do not appear on my registration paperwork. What do I do? If Roads and Maritime has no record of having accepted the ECS certificate, you will need to obtain a VSCCS certificate. Why has this happened now? On 1 September 2017, Clause 76AP was removed from the Regulation which means Transport NSW can no longer accept all ECS certificates and a new VSCCS certificate is needed or a talk to an examiner on using an old ECS certificate. How was industry consulted? Industry and motoring enthusiasts were consulted extensively about this change when the ECS was abolished and the VSCCS scheme was launched in 2012. Transport NSW has engaged with industry and stakeholder groups prior to the release of AIS Notice36 and VSCCS Notice 15. What will it cost? Fees for inspecting and certifying vehicles are different for all vehicles ais-notice-36-faq.pdf
  13. Transport NSW and authorized examiners are facilitating a mobile option for registration renewal The fee’s for the inspection are the same as any inspection but a service call out fee is also charged depending on location of the vehicle, because although the inspection can be done at any suitable location the vehicle needs to be taken to a pre-approved brake test site for the brake test, This is except for trailers and bikes. If the site is unacceptable the vehicle must be moved, if the vehicle fails the inspection you have 14 days to have the repairs done and a second inspection will be free there may be a second service charge depending on location. The site needs to have fairly flat hard sealed ground made of concreate or asphalt, no grass, dirt, gravel or pavers are allowed. Can’t be done on public roads, can’t be steeper then 30 degrees and there needs to be clear access all the way around to jack it up and take photos, all doors, bonnet and boot need to able to be opened. Check list The first and easiest check is to check that all the lights are functioning while ensuring there are no cracked or faded lenses. Don’t forget the indicators and number plate lights, and if the car has fog or spot lights they must be working as well. Check the brake lights by recruiting a friend to step on the pedal while you watch. Headlight bulbs are a cheap fix and can be bought for as little as $12 sometimes, with indicator/blinker and tail light bulbs starting at around $10 for a set. Instructions on how to change these should be in your car’s owner manual. Spot lights and LED light bar have their own separate rules. Worn tyres are another common failure. Ensuring they’re in good condition will not only increase your safety on the road but will also help reduce the overall running costs. Roadworthy tyres must have a tread depth of at least 1.5mm and be free from cracks. All vehicles have a different maximum rim and tyre size and can’t pertrode past the vehicle gard. Check for Warning lights on the dash board such as ABS, Brake or any other warning lights, make sure the battery clamp is on and tight that all doors open and shut from both inside and outside, that all windows work all the way up and down and that there is washer fluid in the washers and all seat belts work and are not cut or frayed. Make sure no Oil or Coolant leaks onto the ground or Exhaust Any cracks or stone chips in the windscreen may cause a fail result, ask a windscreen repairer or a AIS inspector before booking in Replacing cracked or old windscreen wiper blades will also help you avoid failing a rego inspection. Regardless of weather conditions, it’s crucial to have clear vision of the road and new windscreen wiper blades will help keep your windscreen clean. From as little as $15, you can do this simple check and replace if need be with basic tools. At this point, you should look over the car for rust as anything that breaks the paint’s surface or creates a bubble in the duco may cause a fail ask a AIS Inspector before or while you are booking in. Keep an ear out for increased noise levels from your exhaust because this may indicate a leak, which can also lead to failing an inspection. See an exhaust shop before your inspection if you think there is a leak. The brakes and park brake will be tested at the inspection if there is any problems get them fixed by qualified Mechanics before booking in for the Inspection. Rear vision mirror and sun visor mounting problems, missing parts of trim and protection guards, seat, steering wheel damage even foot peddle damage will all fail the inspection. Steering and suspension are very important, any noises or clunks, floating feelings while driving can all be problems that the Examiner will find and will need to be repaired. Aftermarket items need special checking like Brake controllers and break away systems. Engine noises or smoke, warning lights on and running bad could all be leading to costly engine repairs speak to a Mechanic before booking in you inspection. These are just the some basic things you can check yourself, if you know your vehicle needs repairs get them done before booking in the inspection or speak to your Examiner.
  14. An Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection report (blue slip) verifies that an unregistered vehicle is safe, and it meets design and identity standards. All unregistered light vehicles need a blue slip inspection before they can be registered in NSW. This includes vehicles: whose registration has expired more than 3 months ago that have been brought into NSW from interstate or overseas that have no number plates that were written-off, but have now been approved for re-registration that require adjustments in their registration records because something about the vehicle has changed significantly, such as a new engine that need defect notices cleared. In most cases, the result of an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection is sent to Transport for NSW electronically, and the report is valid for 42 days. Click here to find an inspection station
  • Create New...